The graph below shows the difference the number of bedrooms has on the average list price. The number of bedrooms has a significant impact on the list price and is one of the most important to a potential buyer. What is considered a legal bedroom:
- Minimum of 80 square feet
- Must measure at least 7 feet in any horizontal direction
- Must have two means of egress or two exits
- Minimum ceiling height must be 7 feet for at least half of the bedroom ceiling
- The window opening must be 5.7 square feet
- There must be a heat source (not a space heater) and a window or AC option
By correctly marketing the number of bedrooms, a seller can attract the right buyer. Having the correct number of bedrooms can also maximize the full potential of a property. Contact me for a free market analysis on your property. I can talk you through the process and make sure all bedrooms are accounted for and offer marketing ideas for those rooms that did not make the criteria.